Fostering well-being through therapeutic and nurturing touch.
COVID-19 Pandemic Update 12/24/2020 - New Day Massage will re-open on 1/11/2021, to low-risk, established clientele and referrals ONLY. At this time I will not be offering mat/floor based Thai massage, but can accommodate stretching techniques modified on the table. Please book a therapeutic session and we will discuss stretching strategies prior to your session.
Please review the Phase 1 Re-Opening Policies and Procedures below. Thank you for your patience during this unusual time!
General Phase 1 Policies and Procedures to Protect Practitioner and Clients:
- Phase 1 clients will be limited to those not at high risk for developing severe illness from COVID-19, including but not limited to individuals with: asthma; chronic kidney disease; chronic lung disease; diabetes; hemoglobin disorders; immunocompromised systems; liver disease; severe heart conditions; and severe obesity.
- All clients MUST wear a cloth face covering over the nose and mouth when within the facility. If the client does not have a cloth face covering, the practitioner will provide a mask to the client.
- Practitioner MUST wear a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when within the facility, even when alone in client service areas (e.g. cleaning and disinfecting after services).
- Practitioner and clients wearing face coverings must not touch their eyes, nose, mouth, or face, or adjust their face mask without first sanitizing hands. After touching face or adjusting mask, hands must be sanitized.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made readily available at the reception area and client service areas for frequent use by both practitioner and clients.
- Clients must be informed of new policies and procedures and provided instructions on hand hygiene, cloth face covering use, social distancing, sanitation (cleaning and disinfection policies), and illness policies.
- Practitioner will not open for practice if feeling ill.
- Practitioner and clients must be screened before each appointment by taking temperature with a touch-free thermometer (must read below 100.4 F), and asking if clients have had any symptoms of COVID-19; close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days; has travelled in the past 14 days either internationally, by cruise ship, or domestically outside of NH, VT, or ME on public transportation.
- Clients with any COVID-19 symptoms, those who report close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19, or those reporting travel risk factors will not be allowed into the facility/must leave the premises and reschedule their appointment. Symptomatic persons will be instructed to contact their health care provider to be tested for COVID-19 and are to self-isolate at home following the instructions below. Asymptomatic persons reporting close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19, or who report one of the travel related risk factors should self-quarantine for 14 days from their last exposure or return from travel.
- Persons with suspect or confirmed COVID-19 must stay home until symptom-based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation: a. at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND b. at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (recovery is defined as resolution of fever off any fever reducing medications plus improvement in other symptoms).
- Practitioner and clients should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other in the facility at all times except for when practitioner is performing massage or bodywork.
Phase 1 Work-Flow Policies and Procedures:
- Clients must be scheduled by appointment only, either online or by phone. No walk-in appointments.
- Practitioners will manage one client at a time. Clients should wait in their car until the business alerts them to enter, or until the exact time of their appointment. Ample time will be left between appointments for cleaning, and disinfection, and to avoid even brief interaction between clients (e.g. avoid clients passing each other as one leaves and another enters the facility).
- No physical contact with clients that is not necessary to provide services (e.g. no shaking hands or hugging).
- Clients must receive pre-visit telephone consultation within 24 hours prior to their appointment to screen for symptoms of COVID-19, recent travel, or close contact to any person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days. Screening must be documented in chart notes.
- At the time of client presentation, client must sign an informed consent about risks of infection. Client must also re-attest that no new symptoms have developed and that no new travel or close contact to a person with COVID-19 has occurred in the interim since the pre-visit telephone screening.
- Mobile massage and on-site business massage is not permitted.
- Exact cash or pre-written checks are preferred; credit card payments acceptable.
- Treatment table setup linens/bedding will be changed completely for each client. Non-permeable barriers will cover the table table warmers, face cradle, pillows and bolsters, to facilitate cleaning and disinfection. Each client will receive a completely new table setup.
- Treatment windows will be opened between clients and during sessions, weather permitting, to increase ventilation.
- Hands, forearms, elbows and any other body part used in the treatment of clients will be cleaned and sanitized before and after bodywork for each client.
- Practitioner will have a fresh top or apron to change into for each separate massage/bodywork session.
- Treatment room, treatment table, other used equipment, and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected between each client. Cleaning and disinfection will follow CDC guidance, including use of disposable gloves to clean and disinfect; use of hospital grade disinfectant on anything the client comes into contact with (treatment table, face cradle, bolsters, door knobs, side tables, chairs, etc.
- Linens, clothing, towels, and other items that go in the laundry will be stored in separate closed containers, kept and stored apart from clean linens.
New Day Massage & Bodywork is located at 129 West St in Keene, NH, on the northeast corner of West St and Colorado St, light stucco building with brown shutters. Convenient free parking is available in the building's private parking lot, accessed off Colorado St.